Early Help Assessment -1/2 Day Training
Date & Time:
Venue:Bicester Children & Families Centre, Courtyard Youth Arts Centre, Launton Road, Bicester OX26 6DJ
The Early Help Assessment is designed to provide early help and preventative support to families as concerns emerge. The Assessment provides the framework to identify and understand concerns and implement a support plan including other relevant agencies.
Please note that delegates will be required to print off the following materials and bring with them on the day:
Thresholds of Needs document, Early Help Assessment document and Team Around the Family document. These will be available to print on booking.
This Training is designed for professionals from children and adult services with previous experience of CAF/TAC processes. This course is specifically designed to increase confidence, skills and knowledge in supporting families at an early stage.
To help professionals identify emerging concerns for children and families, to understand and be able to implement an assessment of these concerns and to co-ordinate support for the whole family.
- Recognise when an Early Help Assessment is required and be familiar with completing this process including Outcome Star
- Understand how to implement a Team around the Family and the benefits of doing so with the family and other professionals
- Ensure the Childs voice is at the centre
- Understand the role of the Lead Professional
- Understand the Think Family agenda and recognise the need for this approach
- Be familiar with the Threshold of Need and use this to understand level of concerns, and recognise when to use this to support referrals
- Be confident about how to access support from the Locality Community Support Service (LCSS)
Booking has now closed for this event.
Enquiries:OSCB Team firstname.lastname@example.org
Trainer:Pippa Sinclair & Simon Mathers
Venue Details:Bicester Children & Families Centre, Courtyard Youth Arts Centre, Launton Road, Bicester OX26 6DJ
(01865 815843 /email@example.com)