Date & Time:
Venue:County Hall, County Hall, New Road, Oxford OX1 1ND
This is for members who work with children, young people and/or their families. It is offered via the OSCB as multi-agency training but is delivered via our partner agencies as internal single agency safeguarding training, helping to ensure continuity of message. Intercollegiate Level 3 Core Knowledge. Advanced training is valid for up to two years.
Generalist level training must have been completed before attendance at advanced training.
Target Audience: The Advanced Safeguarding Training is for staff members who regularly work with any children and young people on a one-to-one basis. This course is a specialist level course (level 3) and has been designed for professionals working with children, young people and parents/carers, who could potentially contribute to assessing, planning, intervening and evaluating the needs where there are safeguarding/child protection concerns.
• To help practitioners think critically and carefully about child protection cases
• To feel more confident in carrying out the responsibilities for safeguarding in your role
• To provide opportunities for people to learn and work together, exploring professional dilemmas in an inter-agency context
Objectives:(by the end of the course participants will be able to);
• Describe the roles of other agencies in safeguarding children
• Describe how you may manage a complex situation
• Demonstrate an understanding of safeguarding procedures
Booking has now closed for this event.
Enquiries:OSCB Team firstname.lastname@example.org
Venue Details:County Hall, County Hall, New Road, Oxford OX1 1ND
(01865 815843 / email@example.com)