Early Help Assessment
Date & Time:
Venue:Barton Children and Family Centre, Roundabout Centre Waynflete Road Headington Oxford OX3 8DD
The Early Help Assessment is designed to provide early intervention and preventative support to a family as concerns emerge. The Assessment provides the framework to identify and understand concerns and implement a support plan including other relevant agencies.
Please note: Delegates are requested to print off the following documents to take with them to the course - Thresholds of Need document, Early Help Assessment document and Team Around the Family document. All of these will be available for delegates on booking.
This Training is designed for any professional who works with children and families. This course is specifically designed to increase confidence, skills and knowledge in supporting families at an early intervention level.
To help community professionals identify emerging concerns for children and families, to understand and be able to implement an assessment of these concerns and to co-ordinate support for the whole family.
By the end of the course participants will be able to:
- Recognise when an Early Help Assessment is required and be familiar with completing this process including Outcome Star
- Understand how to implement a Team around the Family and the benefits of doing so.
- Be able to describe the role of the Lead Professional
- Understand the Think Family agenda and recognise the need for this approach
- Be familiar with the Threshold of Need and use this to understand level of concerns, and recognise when to use this to support referrals.
- Be confident about how to access support from the Locality Community Support Service (LCSS).
The EHA training course includes a module around use of the outcome star in completing EHAs. This training will provide staff with skills to complete the star within EHA process (only) it doesn’t given participants the training required or permission to use other stars which you would need to be separately trained in and have a licence to use.
Booking has now closed for this event.
Enquiries:OSCB Team email@example.com
Trainer:OSCB Specialist Trainers
Venue Details:Barton Children and Family Centre, Roundabout Centre Waynflete Road Headington Oxford OX3 8DD
(01865 815843 / firstname.lastname@example.org)