Generalist Safeguarding (Early Years, Childminders & Childcare Settings)
Date & Time:
This is for staff who work with children, young people and/or their families. It is offered via the OSCB as multi-agency training but is delivered via our partner agencies as internal single agency safeguarding training, helping to ensure continuity of message. Intercollegiate level 2 core knowledge. Generalist training is valid for up to 3 years. This is a prerequisite to the Designated Safeguarding Lead course.
For those who work with children in an early years setting, their families or carers more than 3 days per month, (on average). For school settings all staff will require this level training as a minimum due to additional safeguarding guidance applicable to Educational settings.
Aim - To raise awareness about your role and responsibilities in relation to safeguarding children and young people within your organisation
Objectives - By the end of the session you will be able to:
- Describe what is meant by ‘safeguarding’
- State who to consult within your agency
- Identify what to do if you are concerned about a child
- Demonstrate an awareness of current protocols and procedures
- Describe the role and function of the Oxfordshire Safeguarding Children Board (OSCB)