Increasing awareness and understanding of Trauma: Why Trauma Overwhelms the Brain and How to Respond
Date & Time:
Through attending this training delegates will:
- To develop a clear understanding of the nature of Childhood & Adult traumatic presentations.
- Understand an accessible psychological-physical theory of PTSD
- Identify the common strategies used to cope with the physiological and psychological effects of trauma
- Be able to identify potential symptoms associated with Acute Stress Disorder, PTSD & Complex PTSD & other trauma associated problems.
- Develop an accessible understanding of happens in the brain following psychological trauma (an introduction).
- Gain Tools to Normalise post-trauma responses: Reducing stigma; reducing secondary stresses.
- Develop basic skills in creating "safe space" to help clients move forward.
Oxfordshire’s programme aims to support UASCs to thrive, integrate within their local community as well as manage the impact upon service pressures for the resident community and prevent community tension. Currently this programme includes Identity and life story, Increasing awareness and understanding of trauma and complex trauma and lost identities. This training programme will offer Oxfordshire’s workforce an opportunity to increase their understanding and awareness of a range of issues which affect UASC, as well as other children in the resident community.
When training is hosted at The Vibe , Didcot please can we ask that all delegates park in the Tennis Court Car Park, Park Road, Didcot.