Designated Lead Safeguarding (Early Years, Childminders and Childcare Settings) - Face to Face Course
Date & Time:
This course is for Early Years Professionals, Childminders and those that work with younger children and babies This designated lead course is specialist level (level 3) and is designed to promote a positive culture of safeguarding and to uphold an appropriate safe multi agency partnership working practice. This course is specifically designed for designated leads of settings.
This course should be refreshed every two years.
To help designated leads to think critically and carefully about the management of safeguarding issues in their setting and feel more confident in carrying out the responsibilities of the designated lead
By the end of the course participants will be able to:
- State the key roles and responsibilities as a designated/safeguarding lead practitioner
- Describe how you will support staff in their safeguarding practice, including attending child protection case conferences
- Demonstrate an understanding of safeguarding procedures
- Describe how you might escalate a concern
- Describe the learning from SCRs, local and national and how this has changed practice