Supporting LGBT Children, Young People and Families
Date & Time:
Venue:Didcot Civic Hall, Didcot Civic Hall Britwell Road, Didcot, Oxfordshire, OX11 7JN
The purpose of this course is to raise awareness about the need for those working with children and families to be aware of the specific needs and associated safeguarding risks that may be experienced by children and young people who are LGBT+ (Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, Transgender), questioning their sexuality or gender etc.).
The aims of this course would be:
- Understand the prevalence and impact of Homophobic, Biphobic and Transphobic (HBT) bullying and experience of LGBT children, young people and families
- Understand the safeguarding risks in relation to children and young people who are LGBT
- Understand the legal context, including Ofsted requirements and what schools should be doing
- Explore the impact of HBT language and how to challenge it
- Understand the experience of trans and gender questioning children and young people and how to support them
- Consider how this relates to own role and identify next steps to improve practice
Booking has now closed for this event.
Enquiries:OSCB Team email@example.com
Trainer:Jo Brown and Stonewall trainer
Venue Details:Didcot Civic Hall, Didcot Civic Hall Britwell Road, Didcot, Oxfordshire, OX11 7JN
(01865 815843 oscb.training@oxfordshire,gov.uk)