Drugs and Alcohol - Increasing Knowledge / Reducing Risk training
Date & Time:
Aim: To provide a better understanding of the full range of issues that affect young people who misuse substances and to enable professionals to respond in an informed manner when presented with substance related issues.
- Be aware of the full range of substances being misused
- Understand the law regarding substance misuse
- Recognise the warning signs and symptoms of substance use.
- Be aware of the dangers and effect of drugs
- Be aware of the treatment options available and know how to access them
- Know how to use brief interventions and when to refer on.