OSCB Conference 2019/20: Understanding My World
Date & Time:
This years annual conference focuses on hearing children’s voices to better understand their lived experience.
The conference will hear from local and national speakers covering the following topics:
- themes and learning from local case reviews
- the importance of the language you use when working with young people
- the use of technology to give children and young people a voice
- barriers and enablers for children telling you their story and you hearing them
- good practice in involving children and young people in service design and delivery
The conference will hear from children and young people from the Children in Care Council, VOXY, Children Heard and Seen and the Sexual Violence and Exploitation Network.
The keynote speaker for the event is poet, author and broadcaster Lemn Sissay.
NB By booking onto this conference you commit to stay for the full programme. Please do not book a place if you are unable to arrive on time and stay until the end. Late arrival and/or early departure will be counted as non-attendance, £50 charge applied and you will not receive a certificate of attendance. This is out of respect for the practitioners and young people speaking at the event. Please refer to the booking terms and conditions for further information.
Please be advised there is no parking at the venue. The venue is easily accessed by public transport, please see here. If you require parking for access, please contact Carole.Kinnell@Oxfordshire.gov.uk
Refreshments and a light lunch will be provided. Registration from 0845.