WEBINAR: Supporting LGBT Children, Young People and Families
Date & Time:
This course is delivered via a live webinar which is trainer led. Please be aware that there are 3 pre-course tasks to be downloaded and completed before attendance on this course.
This online course covers the following themes:
- The legal context, including Ofsted requirements and what schools/youth services should be doing for LGBT children and young people
- Safeguarding risks in relation to children and young people who are LGBT
- The prevalence and impact of Homophobic, Biphobic and Transphobic (HBT) bullying on LGBT children, young people and families
- The impact of HBT language and how to challenge it
- The experience of trans and gender questioning children and young people and how to support them
- Guidance, resources and local support
Delegates must have access to a laptop or a computer as this session is not accessible via a mobile phone or ipad and it is necessary to set up a 'Microsoft Teams' account to access the session.