Designated Safeguarding Lead
Date & Time:
Venue:County Hall, County Hall, New Road, Oxford OX1 1ND
This designated lead specialist level course (level 3) is for practitioners and professionals who work with young people and or their families. It is offered via the OSCB as multi-agency training and is designed to promote a positive culture of safeguarding and to uphold an appropriate safe multi agency partnership working practice. Intercollegiate level 3 core knowledge. This training is valid for 2 years.
Target Audience: For those with leadership or management responsibilities for safeguarding children and young people within their role and/or are the named lead or designated professional for their organisation or setting.
Aim: To help designated leads to think critically and carefully about the management of safeguarding issues in their setting and feel more confident in carrying out the responsibilities of the designated lead
Objectives: By the end of the course participants will be able to:
- State the key roles and responsibilities as a designated/safeguarding lead practitioner
- Describe how you will support staff in their safeguarding practice, including attending child protection case conferences
- Demonstrate an understanding of safeguarding procedures
- Describe how you might escalate a concern
- Describe the learning from local and national Serious Case Reviews and how this has changed practice
Booking has now closed for this event.
Enquiries:OSCB Team firstname.lastname@example.org
Trainer:Jo Lloyd and Ali Williams
Venue Details:County Hall, County Hall, New Road, Oxford OX1 1ND
(01865 815843 / email@example.com)